Learn the Search Marketing Basics
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) can be overwhelming when you are just starting out. That’s why we created Search Marketing Boot Camp — a one day conference experience featuring:
- sessions that will prepare you to implement traffic- and revenue-boosting techniques…right away
- networking opportunities that will introduce you to others in the industry who will become professional resources and personal friends, including our online social networking tool to meet others before the conference and in-person networking activities like birds-of-a-feather topic lunch tables!
You can attend Search Marketing Boot Camp for an incredible low price! Keep reading to learn more.
Search Marketing Boot Camp, presented by Search Engine Land, is programmed by conference co-chair Danny Sullivan. Danny has taught basic and advanced search marketing to tens-of-thousands of search marketers for more than a decade. The Boot Camp curriculum is so actionable – and presented so clearly – attendees frequently implement tactics they learn during session breaks!
Danny is the founding editor of Search Engine Land and Marketing Land, leading news and analysis blogs for search and internet marketing professionals. He’s also Chief Content Officer for SMX parent company Third Door Media.
Attend All Day & Receive A Certificate of Completion
Attend each of the four Boot Camp sessions and you’ll receive your Certificate of Completion to take home with you, signed by Danny Sullivan.
In order to receive your certificate, you’ll have to your attendance validated at the end of each session. Those who demonstrate they’ve attended all Boot Camp sessions will receive their certificates.
Search Marketing Boot Camp Agenda – Tuesday, March 21, 2017
10:45am-noon: Keyword Research & Copywriting For Search Success
The first step to success with any successful marketing campaign is to know your message. With search marketing that means understanding the search terms being used by your target audience. And though it sounds obvious, it helps to actually use those words in your web pages!
This session covers the importance of textual content to search engines and how with some forethought, you can create HTML title tags and body copy that works to generate search traffic – and also pleases your human visitors.
1:30pm-2:45pm: Search Engine Friendly Web Design
“I’m not designing my site for search engines,” is a common designer objection to SEO suggestions. The reality, however, is that search engines are the starting point for most internet users, and if your site is difficult for Google, Bing or other engines to “read”, it’s never going to work for your human visitors either.
Attend this session and learn how to create search engine friendly sites that are equally appealing to human visitors.
3:15pm-4:30pm: Paid Search Fundamentals
Paid search allows you to generate traffic from search engines by purchasing ads, usually on a cost-per-click (CPC) or pay-per-click (PPC) basis. This session covers the basics of how to purchase placement from the major search engines, including best practices for success with your ads.
4:45pm-5:45pm: Link Building Fundamentals
Ever since Google created PageRank more than a decade ago, every good search marketer’s motto has been “I link, therefore I am.” Though linking seems easy, it’s a far more subtle art than most realize, and there are right and wrong ways to conduct your linking campaign.
In this session, we’ll look at how to reach out and get quality links, how to craft anchor text to build authority, and how to avoid commonplace mistakes that will hurt your web credibility (and search engine rankings).
Note: Times and agenda are subject to change.
Ready To Attend Search Marketing Boot Camp?
Search Marketing Boot Camp will take place March 21, 2017. There are two ways to attend:
- A Search Marketing Boot Camp Pass is good on March 1 for the four sessions listed above. In addition, you get access to our SMX West attendee Facebook group. You are also invited to attend lunch and sign up for an “Obsessed with…” networking table, plus all of the parties and other networking activities that will take place March 21. Best of all, after completing the Boot Camp, if you decide to stay for the rest of SMX West, we’ll apply 100% of your registration price to your upgrade.
- An All Access pass provides you admission to three days of content (including Search Marketing Boot Camp) and more than 50 SMX West sessions on:
- paid search
- search engine optimization (SEO)
- social media marketing
- local search marketing
..and much more. If you choose to upgrade, we’ll apply the full amount you paid for the Boot Camp pass to the upgrade!
Search Marketing Boot Camp Sessions are included in an SMX West All Access pass (see what you get with an All Access Pass here).
Rates For Search Marketing Boot Camp:
|Registration Options||Super Early Bird
Now – Dec 17
Dec 18 – Feb 11
Feb 12 – Mar 20
|Boot Camp Only||$399||$499||$599||$699|
REGISTER NOW – Search Marketing Boot Camp
Want to register by phone or have questions?
Call (877) 242-5242 Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm Eastern time. Or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.