Did you miss the recent SMX Advanced in Seattle? Here’s our roundup of recap posts from Search Engine Land, vendors and attendees who shared their insights and takeaways from the conference.
While these recaps are helpful, there’s nothing like attending an SMX in person to get the most out of hearing speakers live and networking with your peers to talk shop. Your next chance to learn from the top minds in SEO & SEM is coming up October 24-26, 2017 at SMX East in New York City.
The current state of SEM
Search Engine Land’s Ginny Marvin & Google’s Jerry Dischler talks current, future paid search marketing trends, watch the video below, and head over to read Ginny’s own recap of the discussion.
What’s new on the SEO front?
- Mobile-first, featured snippets & more. Google’s Gary Illyes sat down with Search Engine Land’s Founding Editor, Danny Sullivan, for a keynote conversation covering a wide range of Google- and SEO-related topics. Read Matt McGee’s coverage at Search Engine Land.
- At SMX Advanced, Gary Illyes also said Google’s mobile-first index likely not coming until 2018 at earliest.
- Columnist Greg Gifford also shared the best speaker tips about how can websites prepare for the mobile-first index.
- Barry Schwartz talked to three expert SEOs about keeping pace with Google algorithm updates.
- Danny Sullivan unveiled updates to the Periodic Table of SEO and gave a talk on what’s next in the future of search.
Conversion optimization and A/B testing
- Read Search Engine Land contributor Jason Puckett’s summary of speaker Ayat Shukairy’s presentation on lessons learned from 11 years of conversion optimization and over 4,000 tests, and explains what’s critical for the success of any A/B testing program.
You can also view all of the 2017 SMX Advanced speaker presentations here.
More coverage from around the web:
- Evolving SEO Podcast Episode 73 with Marie Haynes
- Key SEO Takeaways from SMX Advanced in Seattle, Ground Floor Media
- The future of paid advertising, Marin Software
- The Top 3 SEM Takeaways from SMX Advanced 2017, Quantic Mind
- Google + Bing Keynotes, Conversion Optimization, Audience Targeting and Social + PPC, Quantic Mind
- Branded Keywords, More Audience Targeting, ETAs and ShoppingQuantic Mind
- 8 Notable Takeaways from SMX Advanced 2017, seoClarity
- 3 Top SEO Lessons For Realtors From SMX Advanced
- The best tweets from SMX Advanced – Day 1 & Day 2
- Twitter Moments by @NatashaRobinson – Missed #SMX? Do yourself a favor & check out @Rhoadey’s visual notes – here’s a sample:
— Rhoadey (@Rhoadey) June 14, 2017