The holiday season has arrived early for locally-focused marketers. Consider the developments that have occurred just in the past week:
- Google said it now has 50 Million Local Guides adding content to Google Maps and search.
- Facebook announced a number of tools and partnerships supporting local discovery including booking and food ordering.
- Yext started an initiative to verticalize local business listings syndication with “Yext for Food.”
- Google My Business API added new features, including the ability to manage your Google Posts.
If you spend a lot of time trying to appeal to the locals-only market, SMX East features a number of sessions that will appeal to you beyond the great content you’ll experience over the full three days of the conference.
How does Google’s local algorithm really work? What are the factors that impact your results and how do you optimize for success? Dan Leibson of Local SEO Guide will walk you through the results of The Definitive Guide To Local Search Ranking Factors, one of the largest-ever statistical studies of the local search ranking factors.
Online reviews and their “little gold stars” are disrupting marketing efforts and impacting customer purchases. In fact, 88 percent of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations, according to a recent survey.
In Harnessing The Power Of Online Reviews, Rob Kerry walks you through how reviews can have a big impact on quality of service, customer satisfaction, customer retention and customer acquisition.
And if you’re marketing a service-based business, you won’t want to miss Top Ranking Factors For Service Based Businesses. In this session, you’ll learn:
- How to reach customers beyond your business’s Zip Code.
- What Google isn’t telling you about winning in local SEO.
- How to leverage your tools to measure your successes both on-and-off site.
Register now for SMX East
To attend these and other sessions at SMX East you can still take advantage of the best pre-conference rate. So be sure to register for SMX East now.