Since you last attended SMX Advanced, Google has rolled out a new Adwords user interface. The starting place for ads is now expanded text and responsive units. Google has been steadily evolving its platform by automating ad extensions, enhancing remarketing and extended dynamic remarketing to Gmail. Beyond that, customer match includes additional fields, and Google has many more new and interesting options you should know about.
In this session, you'll explore the changes, ensure you are up to date and get the tactics you need to maximize the performance of your campaigns.
The debate about Google ranking factors evolves with every algorithm update and each new theory about the influence of machine learning and AI. What's on the rise, what's on the decline, and more importantly, what still works?
You'll leave this session knowing the key elements, tactics and factors for SEO success.
While most of us spend our days toiling away in the deepest details of paid search campaigns, the Mad Scientists are in their own world. In their labs, the Mad Scientists of Paid Search explore the deepest secrets of SEM, running experiments, testing regression models and analyzing larger trends to unlock fundamental secrets of auctions, attribution, economics and search behaviors.
Honoring a long-standing SMX Advanced tradition, the distinguished marketing scientists selected for this panel don the highly coveted Mad Scientist lab coats as they deliver their latest search discoveries and insights.
Google is now using a mobile-first index based on how mobile devices would crawl the web.
In this session, you'll learn advanced techniques to perform an audit in a mobile-first world to ensure that content, links, metadata and structured data are compliant, regardless of how users access your site. You'll also learn tactics and techniques for maximizing the effectiveness of your site's AMP (accelerated mobile pages) content.
Technical SEO has always been a critical component of search marketing. It's the foundation of SERP success.
In the first of two sessions examining this discipline, our experts take a deep dive into tactics for optimizing crawl budget, fine-tuning page speed and how to execute on large-scale error-free site migrations.
You'll leave the session with:
- An in-depth understanding of the factors that impact what, when, and how much of your site content search engines will crawl.
- Tips and tricks for how best to maximize your site's "crawl budget" to ensure your most important content remains forever accessible.
- A comprehensive strategy for executing an error-free site migration.
- A detailed plan for optimizing page resources -- site images, CSS, JS, HTML and more -- to reduce page load times to increase engagement, conversions and SERP rankings.
- Advanced tips and techniques to ensure your sites will rank well by making content accessible to search engines.
- How to properly implement, test and validate structured data, along with where and how these results are surfaced in the SERPs.
- How to future-proof content from getting left out of the voice search conversation.
Google has been moving to improve local search on several fronts, and the changes should be embraced by anyone who relies on geotargeting as a primary means of attracting customers. This session will cover an array of crucial topics, from how to take more control over your business-specific information to maximizing impact with local ads - plus probable future changes. Join our expert speakers to explore the rapidly evolving local marketing landscape and how marketers can best leverage new opportunities.
Join us for this fresh discussion on voice engagement. Where it started, how we got to where we are, and hear directly from leaders in the field. We'll dive in on the technology, uncover the "whys" driving decisions and look at how "persona" means something well beyond your normal marketing alignment. Get a deep, unique view of the biggest change-making topic in our industry.
With more than 400 million Google Assistant-based devices in use and 20 million Amazon Echos sold, it's clear the future of SEO requires optimizing content for voice search.
This session covers the opportunities and challenges voice search presents, including:
- Optimizing your content and user experience for a future in which half of all queries are voice-driven.
- The role featured snippets play in surfacing voice search results.
- Using variables such as location, long-tail keywords and reviews.
- Creating task-based and informational content.
- Identifying cost-effective ways to experiment and learn with voice search.
Most technical SEO audit presentations cover tools and theory, but few help you piece it all together or sort out the issues when standard fixes have been implemented. What happens when things go wrong or aren't performing as expected?
In this session, our speakers show you how to go beyond tools and find which metrics deliver an immediate indication of bigger issues. You'll get proven strategies and tactics that work when standard technical SEO fixes do not.
During this PowerPoint-free panel, veteran search marketers and technical SEOs answer your questions about search engine optimization. Got a puzzling issue? Wondering about emerging trends or tips and techniques? Ask the experts!