Developer SEO training with Detlef Johnson
Implement code-based techniques to support organic optimization
Online August 16-17 2022 | 12:00pm – 3:00pm ET | $199
Google’s search algorithm updates continue to make old-school optimization less impactful and tools like CMS plugins and SEO platforms are handling so much more. As a result, we’re seeing more and more SEOs wanting to learn about the technical aspects of optimization.
At the same time, developers continue to create innovative apps and interactive experiences online, largely forgoing CMS plugins and SEO platforms, there is a need for them to know how to do that work in a way that does not hurt, but instead enhances SEO.
These two factors have given rise to a new discipline that technical SEOs must master, Developer SEO. We define Developer SEO as the approach a modern-day webmaster would have for knowing about and handling typical SEO tasks.
Technical SEO capability traditionally analyzes front-end code to report recommendations. It is increasingly important for practitioners to demonstrate knowledge of the infrastructure that powers websites.
Hosted by Detlef Johnson, this Master Class will explore testing Core Web Vitals tactics for SEO with WebPageTest and live coding in a demonstration using a Cloudflare proxy service.
This two-part Master Class will take place live, online August 16-17. Secure your spot now for just $199.
Here’s a breakdown of what will be covered:
- Testing Core Web Vitals. Google introduced Core Web Vitals (page experience metrics) that are now part of the Google Search ranking algorithm. We’re going to look at code that powers a proxy of web pages set up for testing edits to HTML. We’re going to conduct a test cycle using Cloudflare for our proxy and WebPageTest to analyze the results of our changes.
- The Road Ahead. After a Core Web Vitals test demonstration, we’re going to talk about the latest improvements made to the WebPageTest service. It now includes many built-in Experiments (tests) that previously required a testbed like ours. Our proxy service is relieved from a lot of its duty. We can repurpose overhead from those tasks to more efficiently implement new strategies.
- Open Q&A. Every hour has Q&A where we reply to as much as we can from beginner questions to entertain expert opinions and pontificate. No question is too small, or too big, to ask. If you prefer to lurk and stay quiet, you’ll be treated to a live coding Site Clinic for your enjoyment.
After this Master Class, you’ll be able to:
- Feel more confident about testing Core Web Vitals
- Experiment with changing HTML to test Core Web Vitals strategy
- Tackle Core Web Vitals improving User Experience with an eye on the future
Who should attend this Master Class?
You do not need to be able to fully code in order to gain a lot of insight. Knowing how to code a little will go a long way, of course. If you’re already a Technical SEO who wants to develop your skills further and know how Developer SEO practitioners think, then join us, this course will be ideal for you.
Meet your Master Class instructor
Detlef Johnson is the SEO for Developers Expert for Search Engine Land and SMX. He is also a member of the programming team for SMX events and writes the SEO for Developers series on Search Engine Land. Detlef is one of the original group of pioneering webmasters who established the professional SEO field more than 20 years ago. Since then he has worked for major search engine technology providers, managed programming and marketing teams for Chicago Tribune, and consulted for numerous entities including Fortune 500 companies and agencies who service them. Detlef has a strong understanding of Technical SEO and a passion for Web programming to provide advice and special services that often includes source code.