A Guide to Joining Our Speaker Community at Search Marketing Expo – SMX Conferences
Interested in speaking at Search Marketing Expo? If you have an idea for a session or panel discussion you’d like to submit to our programming team, here’s how it all works.
We review pitches for events, panel discussions, and meetups through the SMX website. There is no fee to submit an idea, nor do we pay any session speakers to present or be a guest speaker during one of our events.
Before you submit a session idea, please read these important guidelines and tips to help increase the likelihood of your session being accepted.
1. Directly from the speaker: Submissions must come directly from the person making the pitch, in their name, with their email address. If you’re a PR person or firm, you can work with the potential speaker to help craft the submission.
2. Plan for the session length:
- For virtual events, sessions are typically 30 minutes. Limit the scope of your session idea to a useful aspect of your topic that you can teach within the timeframe without rushing through the material.
3. Unique topic focus and actionable session format: We’re looking for original session ideas that are practical and applicable in the real world. They should focus on SEO, SEM/PPC, Digital Commerce, Technical SEO or another related area of search marketing. Case studies are always appreciated as long as they don’t promote one agency’s work, but instead focus on a problem and solution that others can apply to their businesses. Provide as many details as possible and at least three objectives–things attendees will be able to do as a result of attending your session.
4. No sales pitches: Our speakers consist of those who work for brands, agencies and sometimes technology companies but all are evaluated on whether or not their content will elevate the knowledge and practice of our attendees. The sessions are strictly vetted to be educational and in no way promotion for the speaker or their company. Sponsored speaking and content opportunities for our US-based shows can be found here.
The SMX Advanced pitch form is now closed. Here are the key dates to keep in mind for the coming events:
|Show||Accepting Pitches||Speakers Finalized||Event Dates|
|SMX Next||Coming soon||September 15, 2022||November 15-16, 2022|
Note: Dates are approximate.
After you submit a session idea: We are happy to report we get many ideas, but unfortunately we can only use a small percentage of what we receive. If we have a question or are interested in your submission someone may contact you for more information.
If you’re accepted to speak, you’ll receive a confirmation email about the next steps in the process.
Speakers for in-person events receive an All Access Pass to the entire SMX event. However, travel and accommodations are not provided.
Thanks again for your interest in our events. We couldn’t put on a great event without our expert community of industry practitioners.