Advanced Local & Multi-Location SEO Strategies
Friday, February 21, 2020
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to learn from the pros!
Does your organization grapple with multiple store locations spread across a metro region or across the country — all needing SEO attention? Level-up on your Local SEO skills for maximum effect with this workshop devoted to the unique issues involved in achieving higher rankings in map-box results as well as in the organic listings for local queries. Local SEO is arguably more complex than standard keyword search optimization because it involves all of the signals found in traditional SEO and then adds on a few idiosyncrasies that are complex all on their own.
This workshop will cover:
- How local search engines function – Learn how neural matching now intersects with local search and how to perform advanced keyword research to integrate with the evolving paradigm. This portion will examine local search ranking factors.
- Methods to properly check the rankings of local search results from afar – This is vital for search marketers working from corporate headquarters while managing listings in multiple cities or regions.
- Key onsite elements for optimal rankings – This section includes an exploration of how Google’s quality ratings function for organic search results.
- Optimizing Google My Business listings for maximum performance – Learn where to prioritize your efforts and gain insider tricks to make your listing outshine your competitors’. This session will cover best practices for formatting and submitting profile data to search engines and for bulk listing submissions.
- How to build local citations – Citations are critical in local search but how many citations are enough? Which ones are most important? How can I see which citations my competitors have that I don’t? Learn strategies to build out local citations in a systematic way for your business, especially if you are a franchise or have multiple locations.
- Content marketing strategies with a local focus – Learn what kind of content performs best in local and how to optimize your location pages to take your site to the next level. In this session, we will show examples of how to craft unique content that will garner links and enhance your local search efforts. We will also cover how to use Social Media to boost your content strategies.
- Leveraging structured data to increase visibility and improve overall rankings – This schema markup session will increase your understanding of the use of structured data on the Web and why it is critical for local search success.
- Advanced link development concepts – White hat link building has long been one of the most vital and most difficult of techniques to master. We will provide a number of strategies for developing more qualified links that will not be frowned upon by Google.
- Managing reviews and ratings – How to gain more reviews, how to elicit positive reviews, and how to mitigate negative reviews.
- Pragmatic guide to local SEO – What to do first if you can’t do everything for every location. This section will give you a triage plan so you can prioritize your efforts to make multi-location SEO do-able.
Local Site Clinic
In addition, we will open up at the end for an informal local site clinic where you may ask us to take a look at your site and we provide off-the-cuff critique and recommendations, and suggestions for addressing any issues that may be occurring with your local organic program. We will show some of the tools and methodology we use in doing a local site audit to quickly find weak spots in your program and how you compare with competitors. You will leave this workshop with a list of actionable items to improve your local search program.
At the end of this workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Successfully navigate the complexities and nuances of local and multi-location SEO
- Optimize Google My Business Listings
- Implement strategies to build out local citations in a systematic way for your business
- Leverage structured data to increase visibility
- Develop more qualified links that will not be frowned upon by Google
- Gain more reviews, elicit positive reviews, and mitigate negative reviews
- Prioritize your efforts to make multi-location SEO do-able
Outstanding Value – Register Now!
Register today to ensure your spot. Seating is limited. Here are the two ways to attend:
|Registration Options||Super Early Bird|
Now - Dec 21
Dec 22 - Jan 18
Jan 19 - Feb 18
|All Access Pass + Workshop||$2,297||$2,547||$2,797||$2,997|
|Workshop Only* (Workshop Descriptions)||$897||$997||$1,097||$1,197|
Interested in sending a team? Check out our special Team Rates!
There are a limited number of tickets available.
Note: This workshop will be held on Friday, February 21 at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center. The seminar will begin promptly at 9:00 am; please arrive at least 15 minutes early to register and pick up your course materials. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks will be served. The seminar will end at approximately 5:00pm.
Have questions? E-mail us at email@example.com or call (877) 242-5242.
Long-time search industry insider, Christine Churchill is the CEO & President of KeyRelevance, a full-service online marketing company offering search engine optimization, pay per click management, local search, and usability / conversion enhancement services.
Ms. Churchill was a member of the founding Board of Directors of the Search Engine Marketing Professionals Organization (SEMPO) and the Dallas / Fort Worth Search Engine Marketing Association. In addition to over 20 years marketing experience, she has a Master’s Degree in Business and is a U.S. Army veteran.
Ms. Churchill was SMX’s Speaker of the Year in 2018 and has been teaching search concepts for over 15 years. Christine and her experienced team of online marketers specialize in helping businesses succeed online by providing a holistic approach to marketing: increasing a site’s visibility, improving the user experience on the site, and maximizing the site’s conversion potential. Contact Christine at https://www.keyrelevance.com/.
Chris Silver Smith
Chris Silver Smith is founder of Argent Media, a search marketing consultancy located in Dallas, Texas, and has a long history in search engine optimization, online reputation management, internet technology, and internet marketing.
Chris cut his teeth on SEO and Local SEO at Verizon’s Superpages.com for a decade, where he served as head of the technology department, overseeing UI/UX design, R&D, local search engine and map-based search development, mobile apps, taxonomy, and more. He also was honored with Verizon’s highest employee award, the Individual Excellence Award, for his ground-breaking SEO research and development contributed millions of dollars of revenue to the company’s bottom line. Chris has two patents and one pending for local search innovations he developed while with the company.
Chris later went on to work for some of the most exclusive search marketing agencies as an SEO strategist, including Netconcepts and Key Relevance.
Over time, Chris has provided consulting for Fortune 500 and Internet Retailer 500 brands, including Zappo’s, Orbitz, L.L.Bean, Skechers, Cabela’s, Kimpton Hotels, and more. Chris has also occasionally provided service as an expert witness in litigation, including work involving: Google, R. H. Donnelly, U-Haul, PODS Enterprises, GoDaddy, The Academy Awards, Twentieth Century Fox, Fox News, and more.
Chris has long been a columnist with Search Engine Land.