Venue, Hotel, & Travel Information
150 West San Carlos St.
San Jose, CA 95110
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, San Jose is the perfect California location for SMX West! It’s a welcoming, sophisticated city with great weather, walkable streets, and an atmosphere offering both culture and entertainment.
The cleverly planned, compact downtown is easy to get to and packed with great restaurants, artistic performances, nightclubs, and shopping opportunities. San Jose offers the perfect blend of convenience and activity the SMX community loves.
Your Conference Guide, which can be picked up at the convention center SMX West Registration Desk, will give you information on where everything is located.
The Visitor Information Center at the Convention Center, open from 8:00am – 5:00pm daily, offers visitors and attendees a wide array of services including:
- Dining information
- Visitor information on area attractions
- Brochures and maps of San Jose and the Greater Bay Area
Need help making your case to attend? Check out our handy Get Your Boss On Board resources, including talking points, a breakdown on pricing – even a templated letter!
Hotels & Accommodations
Stay tuned for updates on the best places to stay.
San Jose is home to one of the Bay Area’s three international airports:
- The San Jose International Airport (SJC) is located about 4 miles from the San Jose McEnery Convention Center
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO), located 35 miles northwest of San Jose off US Route 101 on the peninsula.
- Oakland International Airport (OAK), which is 40 miles north off I-880 in the East Bay.
San Jose has three commuter rail lines:
- Caltrain runs up the Peninsula to San Francisco.
- Amtrak California’s Capitol Corridor line runs through the East Bay and then inland to Sacramento and Auburn. Amtrak’s Coast Starlight line runs daily from Seattle, through the Bay Area and down the coast to Los Angeles.
- The Altamont Commuter Express runs from Stockton, Livermore, and Pleasanton into San Jose and the Santa Clara Valley in the morning and then returns in the late afternoon and evening.
All the above rail lines stop at Diridon Station, San Jose’s central train station. It is located downtown, at 65 Cahill Street, just across West Santa Clara Street from the H.P. Pavilion.
Capitol and Tamien stations serve the southern part of the city.
Greyhound has a bus station downtown at Almaden Avenue (not Almaden Blvd.) and Post Street.
San Jose is connected to San Francisco by two major freeways, US-101 and Interstate 280. From Los Angeles, take I-5 North to CA-152 West to US-101 North. From the East Bay, use either I-880 or I-680 South.