8 Great Reasons To Attend SMX
The search marketing profession is defined by change. We don’t need to tell you that. You live it every day. Tactics that work today are outdated next quarter. Platforms launch while others sunset. You’re bombarded by new products, technologies, algorithms, and buzzwords. Pillars of the industry crumble in the blink of an eye.
Search marketers worth their salt embrace the chaos. They thrive on it. They know that in order to be the best versions of themselves, the smartest and most capable, they need to train. Regularly.
Skimming the latest articles is a good way to stay afloat. But there’s nothing like immersing yourself in a complete conference experience rich with actionable tactics, inspirational keynotes, and a keen emphasis on community.
So, which conference to choose? There are a lot out there. Attending any one of them is a significant investment of both time and money. That’s why you need to choose the best one for your individual needs, professional goals, and company budget. The conference that will yield the ultimate ROI, if you will…
That’s why you should attend SMX.
Obsessed with SEO and SEM? We are, too. Search Marketing Expo (SMX®) has been the leading conference for SEO and SEM professionals for over a decade, helping thousands of marketing practitioners from across the world succeed with their search marketing endeavors. Our team has one goal: to deliver actionable insights to the marketing community.
1. Programmed by Search Engine Land. SMX is programmed by Search Engine Land, the search marketing industry publication of record. That means you get all of the Search Engine Land content you love, straight from Search Engine Land’s editors and industry experts.
2. Something for everyone. Single-track conferences can be a snooze because it’s hard to offer something for everyone. We get that. That’s why we offer multiple tracks that run simultaneously. There will always be sessions that interest you. Less yawning, more learning.
3. 100% white hat. SMX speakers are held to the highest standards when it comes to the quality of their presentations. You only learn tactics that are safe for your brand or clients. No get-rich-quick schemes that may land you in hot water with regulators, the search engines, or your boss.
4. Respected brands. The brands that flock to SMX are among the best. From esteemed boutique agencies to household names including Google, Bing, and Amazon Marketing Services – they return to our Expo Hall and session rooms year after year because they know it’s worth it.
5. Safe environment. We are proud to deliver a friendly, welcoming, harassment-free conference experience for absolutely everyone – attendees, speakers, sponsors, staff. No exceptions.
6. Diverse training. Our session format is carefully constructed to match each topic. Solo sessions offer expert-led deep dives. Panels provide a variety of viewpoints. Roundtables ditch PowerPoints when discussion is more valuable. Clinics address your specific, case-by-case needs in a dedicated Q&A environment.
7. Exceptional amenities. We work hard to make SMX as pleasant as it is productive. Top shelf amenities are included with your All Access registration – full breakfasts and hot lunches, built-in recharge and refreshment breaks, and complimentary WiFi, to name a few.
8. 100% unbiased content. SMX isn’t backed by a software company or digital agency. It isn’t a customer event that dabbles with the occasional search topic. Our unbiased, vendor-agnostic content is designed to do one thing: Help you succeed. That’s our only agenda.
Bonus reason! When you come to SMX East, you’ll get an official Certificate of Completion. It’s a great way to verify you attended the event (perfect for travel and registration reimbursements), demonstrate your dedication to continued training, and showcase your involvement in the industry and SMX community.
Coming to a conference is an investment. You put a lot in and deserve to get a lot out. Join us at SMX and walk away armed with fresh tactics, tips, and techniques that can be immediately implemented to drive traffic, convert visitors, and grow your business. You’ll also leave with something else… a true sense of solidarity with your community – something you’ll be hard-pressed to put a price on.